Saturday, June 30, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer

To say Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer is good is something I cannot do. I can't even call it decent to be honest with you. In fact, this movie is as empty as old honest Abe's tophat and just as foolish. I went in knowing what to expect or at least I thought I did but this movie far exceeded even my most ridiculous expectations. I liked the premise, it's a fascinating one in my opinion but it's one that I think plays better in a novel than a movie. I can only hope the book is far more superior then the movie made from it for if it's not then why someone would choose to trun it into a movie makes NO sense. Directed by the man that brought you Wanted with James McAvoy, Morgban Freeman, and Angelina Jolie, saying Timur Bekmambetov isn't the best director in the world is stating the obvious. It's like saying the sun is hot.

With a screenplay written by the same guy, Seth Graham-Smith who wrote the book sort of doesn't bode well for the book being all that much better than the film. Although there is far more freedom with the written word than with film....You know what, I can't finish this blog. Yes, this movie was THAT bad and while I have no problems usually ripping a movie a new asshole (see my review on The Expendables), I just can't finish this one.

Do NOT buy a ticket to see this movie unless you like out of this world revisionist history. Do NOT buy a ticket to see this movie if you are hoping to see some interesting characters, decent if not scary vampires (not the howler monkey vampire variety showcased here), and something worthy of the price of admission. This movie WILL let you down and maybe in the hands of a better director it could have been a better movie. Too bad we'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment