Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DVD Recommendation...Punch Drunk Love

I am NO fan of Adam Sandler. There, I said it, and you know what, I never have been and I really doubt I ever will be. I don't find him funny, and in fact I find him utterly lacking in talent in every respect. I have my own reasons as to why he is where he is in the world of entertainment, but I'll keep those to myself. I don't think there is any need to look at his last couple of movies, all of them being complete wastes of time, but had someone else had that list of movies on their resume, they'd never get work again.

The only thing I ever liked Adam Sandler in was the amazing 2002 film Punch Drunk Love. If you're in the mood for something quirky, offbeat, funny, and fun then Punch Drunk Love should be the movie you cue up. Directed by the talented Paul Thomas Anderson and starring Emily Watson as Lena Leonard, PDL was unlike anything I had seen before and since. It was a romantic comedy with a serious edge, and if you know the films of Paul Thomas Anderson then you have some idea what I'm talking about.

PDL will make you laugh and think, and it's one of the only films that after watching a friends copy of it, I went right out and bought a copy of my own the next day. You will thank me after you see Punch Drunk Love, and if you like Adam Sandler then you will love this movie. If you're like me and you don't like him, you will at the very least like him in this movie. So pop some killer korn and I'll see you on the couch!




killerkorn121@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm more clueless after watching the trailer than if I'd just read your post. lol But...I trust ya, so...may I have some of your popcorn, please??? ;-P

    ReplyDelete