Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Christian Grey? REALLY?


Okay, while I could rationalize and stomach Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman, the casting of Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey is a sure fire way to ensure the failure of the movie version of 50 Shades of Grey. Charlie is good at doing one thing and one thing only and that's playing Jax from Sons of Anarchy. He was barely any good in Pacific Rim and I thought that film was fantastic in spite of him (maybe Idris had something to do with that).

I have never read the books so I never had a picture of who Christian Grey should be, but I would have thought the producers would have wanted someone who could, I don't know...ACT maybe? The problem with Charlie Hunnam is that he's Jax in everything he's been in so far. That was Jax up on the screen in Rim, and I'm fearful he'll turn into another Clive Owen, being the same guy in every film he's in.

I don't know, maybe Hunnam will surprise me, not that I'm going to see the movie, but maybe I'll hear about how good he was. Maybe I'll hear about how perfect he was as Christian Grey, and maybe I'll hear about how the movie didn't suck. Maybe, but I doubt it.

KillerKorn121@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. I m excited for the Fifty Shades of Grey movie. I am really happy for the casting.
    Charlie Hunnam has finally responded to rumors that he's a favorite to play Mr.Grey's role.
    50 Shades Movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you read the books Rosalie? If so, did you see Charlie as Christian when you read it? And do you think Charlie is a good enough actor to pull that role off? I have my doubts, but I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete