Saturday, July 5, 2014

Rian Johnson? REALLY???

Hey Kornheads, have you heard who's going to be directing Star Wars episodes 8 and 9? Unfortunately it won't be J.J. Abrams. He's just setting the table by pulling the cast together and getting the story in line and so forth. I have amazing faith in him to do that mainly because he's writing this movie with a Star Wars alum and all around talented scribe, Lawrence Kasden. Lawrence wrote such classics as The Big Chill, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Silverado, Grand Canyon, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. Abrams couldn't have picked a better guy to help put a story together for Episode 7. The problem in my opinion arises with 8 and 9.

Have you heard of Rian Johnson? You may not have but if you saw the mediocre LooperThe Brothers Bloom, or his exceptional first film Brick then you have some idea who he is. I hated Looper, I found it corny and downright stupid. I didn't like The Brothers Bloom either for that matter. I did however LOVE Brick (which was the only reason I saw those other two movies), so I know Rian is somewhat talented. However, he's only done three full length movies in his career, and now the powers that be are about to drop their 4 BILLION dollar baby in his lap.


He's tasked to not only direct but write Ep's 8 and 9 as well, and if Looper is any indication of one thing, it's that he's going to need some help. I hope he can pull it off, I sincerely do because I am really looking forward to where the next trilogy goes and what it has to say. Hopefully it goes somewhere mindblowing and it speaks in a clear, engaging, and enjoyable voice. Don't fuck this up Rian!

MarkEricEntertainment


No comments:

Post a Comment