Friday, July 4, 2014

Star Trek 3. Disaster In The Making????

Okay, I have a review to do but this first because when I first heard it, I pretty much brushed it aside because I couldn't believe it. Call it denial or whatever, I thought it was a joke and went on with my life. Well it wasn't a joke, it's the read deal and it's one hell of a gamble.

The reason I call this a gamble is because the production budget for Star Trek Into Darkness was $190 million dollars. When you add the marketing budget the money spent for that movie was definitely over $200 million dollars. It made it's money back earning over $467 million dollars worldwide. Star Trek Into Darkness was directed by J.J. Abrams which is one hell of a commercial film director and there was thought he would come back for Trek 3. That is not happening thanks to another little franchise with the word star in it so Paramount has decided to put this massive franchise into the maybe incapable hands of a man that has NEVER directed a movie before.

You read that right. A man that has NEVER directed a movie before in his LIFE is helming Star Trek 3 which will more than likely have a budget over $200 million dollars again.


This guy is Roberto Orci and he is the man pegged to take on this project. Now he has been involved with the Trek series writing the previous two films. Is that the reason to drop this into his lap, because he was already involved? I don't know but I am not hyped for Trek 3 because of this news and if it sucks, THIS IS WHY!!! You read it here first. See you at the theater.

MarkEricEntertainment


No comments:

Post a Comment