Monday, July 28, 2014

Trailer Alert: Mad Max Fury Road

Here is it Kornheads, the first real look at the Mad Max "reboot", Mad Max: Fury Road that's set to hit theaters on May 15th, 2015. This time around there's no Mel Gibson or Tina Turner, instead we get to see the wonderful Tom Hardy as Max and equally as wonderful Charlize Theron playing Imperator Furiosa. Now I'm having a hard time thinking of this movie as a reboot since the man that directed the original Max trilogy, George Miller, is back almost 30 years later directing this one. Since it'll have the same look, feel, and taste as the first three can it really be called a reboot? I'm seeing it more as a re-imagining myself. Take a look at the trailer and let me know if you agree with me. Personally I can't wait to see it, what about you Kornheads? Leave me a comment and let me know.




3 comments:

  1. Since it's been a few decades since the first Mad Max movie came out, the only clips (no...I never sat and watched the whole thing) I remember were when my Dad watched it on TV, and it always looked grainy and grungy. (But that could be more the perception of a 10 year old girl.) Staying true to a classic but bringing it into the 21st century...could be a brilliant move and tell the tale to an entirely new demographic. The trailer looks gritty yet sexy and sleek. The question is...should i wait and see this new one? Or watch the original first? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you would necessarily need to see the Mel Gibson Max movies before seeing this one. However, I put nothing past George Martin from hinting at a few things that would drive that new generation towards watching the original trilogy. It does LOOK good, but will it BE good is my concern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It does LOOK good, but will it BE good?" is the movie goer's constant question with almost every new trailer. That's when I always ask you for YOUR opinion, M. LOL You've rarely steered me in the wrong direction.

    ReplyDelete